This is brilliant. Erected by the workers of Alexandra Road, only visible from Alexandra Road.
|Viewed from East Wall Road. Or rather, not viewed.|
|Nice use of a re-entrant corner.|
|Like many Marian Shrines, it dates from the Marian year of 1954. The somewhat intriguing plaque above seems later - In Memoriam/Hughie Conalty/Thanks for the laugh and memories.|
|The outstretched hands and the motif of crushing the serpent underfoot echo the representation on the Miraculous Medal.|